For more than 80 years, our congregation has been serving this community. From its humble beginning in a house, we have outgrown seven locations. Since 1979, we have worshipped at 3016 Collingwood Bl. in the Historic Old West End.
Only seven persons have served as senior Pastor during our history, and our present leader has been in this role since 1961. Our church staff has grown to seven full-time persons and our ministries staff to approximately 30.
Our focus is on serving our community by building houses, establishing businesses, curing social problems, ministering to substance abusers and revealing God's love for His world.
- The Bible is the inspired, authoritative Word of God.
- That there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy
- In the deity of Christ, His virgin birth and sinless life, His atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His eminent return.
- In the present ministry of the Holy
- In the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Our Purpose & Plan
Our church is organized around small groups of people called Covenant (Cell) Groups that meet weekly with family and friends. We strive to grow in relationship with God, with one another, and in number and multiply.
On Sunday we gather for worship with an emphasis upon Celebration, through songs of praise, a prayer and healing ministry, and teaching and preaching of the Holy Scripture. Our priority is ministry to Children, Youth, and Families.
We celebrate in worship together, witness everywhere to reconcile persons to Christ, disciple every convert to spiritual maturity, train and involve all in ministry to one another and the world to the glory of God.
Our task is to reach Non-Christians of all ages through ministries that address urban needs, to radically change the lifestyle of people to the glory of God.